Wednesday 14 August 2013

Going to the Chapel and we're, gonna get married...

I should apologise for the three month gap on this blog. I'd like to say those three months were a blur and that wedding planning and an actual wedding were the reason for them missing but sadly I can't. I can possibly pass May off as being lost in wedding oblivion but that's pushing it after the first 19 days.

In fairness I can't really blame wedding planning for taking up any of my time because honestly, it took up barely any. If you want a wedding without the hassle, go abroad and do it!

We were engaged for over two years but halfway through I had a wobble and cancelled the first wedding that was booked in favour of skipping off to Vegas.

I was beginning to feel there were too many family politics and too much expense in doing something that included everyone and pleased everyone but me. However, thousands of miles away I still ended up with people I'd have left at home. That makes me sound ungrateful, but I can assure you, I'm not. I'm glad those people were able to come and share our special day and I appreciate the lengths they went to to be there. It's just frustrating when you invite two people and they feel the need to bring an entourage.

Anyway, the wedding was perfect. Not entirely perfect but we had the most amazing day with a ceremony that wasn't as cold as expected, a gorgeous venue (even if it is in the middle of a highway at the end of the Las Vegas strip) and a bit of a pub crawl with the people who mean the most to us.

Getting married at the Little Church of the West is highly recommended. You have a half hour time slot in which you and your intended meet in the car park, sign in at reception, get told what to do a lot by a photographer, have a short ceremony and pose for lots of photo's which you then get to view and purchase before being sent off into the world of newly married bliss. At which point we went to the 'Welcome to Las Vegas' sign and had loads more photo's taken by a complete stranger who's job it was to make sure people queued politely.

From here we headed to Hard Rock cafe for a three course meal, really strong cocktail and heart felt speeches. Then it was on to the Brew pub at Monte Carlo for some British beer before we a selection of us ended up on the Rollercoaster at New York New York. *Apologies to everybody we pushed in front of in order to get the whole group together and shame on the two Americans that crashed our photo* Sadly Coyote Ugly was too busy for some of our impatient group so we didn't stay long enough to enjoy the entertainment before catching the tram back to Mandalay Bay and going up to the Mix Lounge. A great way to end a wonderful day.

Back home two weeks later and we finally got to celebrate our special day with all the people that couldn't make it/ weren't invited but still mean a hell of a lot to us.


*none of these photographs were actually taken by me

No comments:

Post a Comment