Wednesday 14 August 2013

I like driving in my car...

I've been a driver for eleven years or so now and was wondering, when did they stop making cars with indicators? Should I have retaken my driving test at some point so that I learnt the power of telepathy? When did it become a rule that you don't have to stop at red lights? And when did it become acceptable to park on double yellow lines or across somebody's driveway?

There is so much bad driving around now that I'm beginning to think that is the norm and the original rules are wrong. 


Speed limits are there for a reason but whilst I'm against speeding I'm also against the people who insist on dawdling along doing less than they are allowed to. Surely this is just as dangerous?

The worst offenders are the ones who are responsible for the safety of their passengers for a living. Taxi drivers. It's as if, when they get their taxi license they are being given the freedom of the road and they no longer have to abide by laws and rules set by the highway agency. They're worse than emergency vehicles which speed and weave through traffic when trying to get to a serious incident.

It makes me so mad that there is this huge lack of respect for other people and their safety so I'm all for traffic and parking wardens. I'd love the job of going around ticketing mercedes, bmw's, audis and 4x4's owned by people that are unable to park them and struggle to drive them. It isn't difficult to park between two white lines that have a distance between them big enough to fit a tank. It's bloody lazy.

And then there's cyclists. Never mind "drivers should have more respect for cyclists." It's the pedestrians who dare to cross the road whilst a cyclist chooses to cut through a red light, or the pedestrian who refuses to move out the way whilst a cyclist weaves along the FOOTpath who should have more respect...

No comments:

Post a Comment