Thursday 15 August 2013

"If you can't say anything nice...

... don't say anything at all" is what I was always taught as a child but it seems there are more and more people around these days who have never been told such a thing. And the large majority of them seem to be men.

There are also too many of these neanderthal types around who take it a step too far and rather than saying anything, they use their fists or weapons to get their point across but we won't dwell on these wastes of space here.



I have a friend who is a massive gym bunny and took a week off to give herself a bit of a rest. On returning to the gym she was asked if she'd "been on holiday cos she looked like she'd put at least 5lbs on" whilst running on a treadmill at the gym. A month later the same idiot seemed to think it was flattering to approach her mid workout to tell her how much better she looked for having toned up!

At work I was recently shouted at by an angry Scottish man for doing something I do everyday and that has been done for two and half years just to try and assert some authority over another person.

I have also been called a "f*cking lazy bitch" by somebody I had only encountered ten minutes before because I dared to say I was happy in my job and would be if I was still doing it in ten years time. I admit this has shaken me, partly because I feel he touched a nerve and maybe was right.


I find things have gone down hill and there is such a massive lacking in chivalry thanks to all the campaigning for equality. Women need to accept that we are no longer the fairer sex if we want the same rights in pay and want to be respected in male dominated jobs and cultures.

There is also a huge Influx of immigrants now whose culture dictates women are lesser beings. As we are told more often to become more multi cultural, this ideal begins to rub off on others and we begin to lose the standards the country was always known for.

A lack of jobs and reliance on benefits creates a culture of people who underestimate their own self worth so bitterness begins to creep in and is dealt with by putting others down.



No comments:

Post a Comment